Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Big news

Chickie started walking today! Oh, my goodness. He had been taking a few steps here and there for the past 10 days or so, and periodically, we'd see a bit of progress in terms of his endurance and/or confidence, but today was really different-- he just walked and walked like he'd been doing it for months! Of course, there were a couple of face-plants followed by screaming fits, and the biggest change was that he flat-out REFUSED to be strapped into his high-chair to eat dinner... so I ended up putting his tray on the couch and letting him eat cheese and veggies off of it. Whatever-- I'm totally sick of fighting the food battle with him, because I lose every time. If he wants to eat, he'll eat.

I'm curious as to what the night will bring... everyone says that they don't sleep when they first start walking, so we'll see. And you know what I just remembered? When I was running today, for the first time in years (well, yes, literally-- nearly 2 years), I thought, "Wow, I could run for a LONG time today" and ironically, what kept me from running for more time was the fact that I had to go home and pump. Unnnnnnnggggggg. But it's kinda funny that I was full of energy on the same day that Chickie decided to take off! Or maybe there's crack in the water; who knows??

I'm consciously restraining myself from watching the RNC on TV because I really don't want to barf up my dinner, but I have 2 thoughts-- 1) The damn thing is like a train wreck and I just can't look away because it's THAT fucked up, and 2) I do think that one of the biggest mistakes that crazy leftie commies like myself make is that we don't listen to the other side well enough and thus can lose our ability to make coherent, cogent arguments and instead resort to, "I can't believe these fucking insane people" again and again.

All of that said, why is it that Bristol Palin's pregnancy is a "private family matter" when other women's pregnancies are NOT private but rather the business of the government? Do tell, Sarah Palin.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Go Anand!!!! I can't wait to see him in action...I bet he looks SOOOOOO cute :) And go, Divya for running again. I hope it felt great and you enjoyed your time alone! And, I also agree the RNC is like a train wreck. This is probably the most interested I've been in what's going on with them for a while. It's like I can't look away...

Emily Haile said...

Walk on, Anand! This is very exciting!

I hear what you're saying about the RNC. I watched last night -- all these republicans keep saying that Palin has MORE experience than obama and biden combined!? what planet are they on?

Sophia said...

Wow, Mr. Walking-Talking! Can't wait to see him and chase him around.
I have completely avoided the RNC as much as possible - I have a visceral reaction everytime I hear people chant "USA! USA!" and since that seems to be all the republicans can do, I can't watch.