Friday, September 12, 2008

On vacation

Yeah, I'm the donkey that's blogging while on vacation.

I just had to say that I'm sitting in a quiet, quiet home-- and by quiet, I mean QUIET-- no noise from the street, no neighbors, no cars, NOTHING-- and listening to the rain fall outside. My in-laws took Chickie out on an errand to buy some fresh fish for dinner. And what's funny is that I can never say/write "fresh fish" without laughing because people from a certain part of India can't say the "sh" sound (it doesn't exist in the language spoken in that part of India), so people end up saying "press piss" for "fresh fish". The 8th grade boy in me (OK, I"m pretty much all 8th grade boy and think farts are generally hilarious) snickers every time.

1 comment:

Kat said...

This made me laugh...and although I've never thought of it that way, you definitely have some 8th grade boy in you! That's part of why I love ya! I'm glad you got some quiet time in BH. That's a wonderful place to just "be", without all the regular everyday BS! Talk to you soon!