Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just Say No

I have been meaning to write a post about how I'm feeling a lot mellower about some things (mainly, all the Mommy drama-- I do feel like I'm getting to that elusive zen shit) but also feeling really insane about other things... this election thing is really raising my blood pressure, people. I'm not all that eloquent when I talk about politics because I get too damn angry and start sounding like an idiot because I drop F bombs every other word-- the damn Republicans are stealing my vocabulary, dammit.

I an enraged and frightened and disgusted and really BEWILDERED at how many intelligent women who claim to be pro-woman are professing their admiration for a woman who seems to be the most anti-woman person out there.

Here's something that says it better than I can. But really, what are we going to do? How can McCain be ahead in the polls all of a sudden? How did this happen? Are we really so fucking blind and stupid as to believe that anything will change under McCain and Palin? How can people not see through the veneer of spin and lies? LIES. And where has Obama's voice gone? Why aren't the Democrats fighting back? Do the Republicans REALLY have them stuff ed so far into a corner with all that lipstick double-standard bullshit? Are their tongues REALLY that tied? Come on, people, SAY SOMETHING; fight back; inspire this country in the way the good guys know you can. At the risk of sounding like a naive idealist, I'd like to believe that change is possible.

Oh, LORDY. Now that my heart is officially pounding and I can taste my once digested lunch in my throat, I'm going to take my batch of brownies out of the oven and take a dip in the pool. Gotta put the vacation back in vacation, baby.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Divya's famous brownies and swimming in a backyard pool in the Hamptons...sounds like a little piece of heaven...hope you enjoyed it! As to your post, I hear you, sister! My blood is boiling and I am scared for the future of our country. Why aren't the democrats doing more right now?