I'm so bored.
Dan went to play a gig in western MA (it's a wedding, and too bad for the folks getting married, because it's pouring and thundering now-- bummer) about 4 hours ago and won't be back til late tonight. Chickie is sick, and while he's not *really* sick, he's still sick, and that means that we basically can't see anyone else. When your baby's sick, the only thing to do to avoid insanity/cabin-fever is to go outside and go ANYWHERE to get out of the house... and have I mentioned that it's pouring and thundering out? Good times. Thankfully, he's napping now (knock wood), so hopefully, he'll sleep for a good long while, and I'll give him dinner and then put him to bed on the early side since he could use a little extra sleep.
I'm super bummed because Isis and I were supposed to go out to James' Gate tonight with the babies-- her husband is a waiter and always works on weekend nights, so she's always eager for company on Saturday nights. James' Gate is great in the summertime-- you can sit outside and watch JP go by, and since Chickie's eating is now portable, I thought it'd be great to get out and take advantage of that and maybe even perhaps have a beer, but it's not going to happen tonight, sadly. And yes, since it's raining, we couldn't have sat outside anyway.
I totally jinxed Chickie the other day when I told someone that we'd made it through his first year without a high fever and without anti-biotics, and lo and behold, the poor thing spikes a temp of nearly 102 yesterday. Jack (baby he goes to daycare with) was sick on Wednesday with a cold, but neither Dan nor I could miss work, so we opted to send Chickie to daycare... and really, it's good to expose babies to mild bugs to help them build their immune systems. It turned out that Chickie had a weight-check appt yesterday anyway, so he ended up seeing the doctor. The good news is that he gained weight and is on the same curve as he was on at 12 months, and that's GREAT, considering that every time this kid has gotten weighed since he was 3 months old, he's been falling off the curve he was on. So, something is working... clearly, it's because he's taking the spoon and actually *eating*.
And I'm finishing this post hours later-- why? Well, dumbass here jinxed everything AGAIN by assuming that Chickie would take a long nap again today... nooooooo. He woke up screaming after sleeping for only an hour and 15 minutes, so that's made for a long evening :)
No comments:
Post a Comment