Today is Mothers' Day, and it's been a lovely day with Dan and my sweet Chickie. My in-laws were in town this weekend, so it was a treat to spend this day all together as a family. Last night, they watched Chickie while Dan and I had an AWESOME meal out at Toro, a fabulous restaurant in Boston's uber trendy South End. The Executive Chef was actually on Iron Chef America recently! Needless to say, the food was f-ing AMAZING. When Dan and I go out, we usually go out after Chickie goes to bed because we can leave the baby monitor with our upstairs neighbors (the BEST arrangement!), so we end up leaving the house around 8:20, so it's hard to go anywhere but in JP and/or anywhere where you can't eat right away. But last night, it was great to go out to a fast, bustling, loud, urban restaurant full of pretty, fancy looking people... there was something really fun and energizing about being out in the city. I even had a little sip of wine :)
I have been thinking a lot about being a mom today and how blessed and lucky I am to be able to be a mom to my little boy and to the little tiny girl in my belly. At the risk of sounding trite and stupid, motherhood is one crazy journey, and certainly not an easy one. Recently, some of Chickie's friends have started turning 2. These are friends we made when Chickie was about 5 weeks old-- we met at the New Moms' Support Group in JP and have stayed friends for nearly 2 years. I met these women when we were all busted and bleeding and crying and leaking milk everywhere, and now we're celebrating our babies' second birthdays. It's wonderful and amazing to watch the babies grow but to also watch ourselves grow and change as mothers.
OK, my Hallmark moment is done. I'm sending out love to all the moms and moms-to-be out there-- it's an amazing, remarkable thing to bring life into the world!
4 comments:
Hey, Happy Mothers Day Divya! This is Sarah, Sophia's SIL. Sometimes I jump over here from "Jophia!" I love your blog... your Chickie is just adorable! Congrats on number two! Hope to see you guys again someday... perhaps the two "A's" could have some fun babysitting little Jophia (well maybe we should give that idea a few years)....
I love hallmark moments. :) I think it's amazing that you are still close with those women from your group. That bond is so important...you guys went through "the shit" together and you'll never forget that.
Chickie and your baby girl are so lucky to have you. You are a fantastic Mama!
Sarah-- Great to hear from you! I hope you had a great Mothers' Day as well. I love reading your blog, too-- you are hilarious! Iris is gorgeous, and she and Alex are just too cute together. Hopefully, we'll see each other again soon and the 2 A's can raise some hell toegther :)
Kat-- yeah, I got so lucky with the friends I made. They are just a fabulous group of women. And we literally did go through THE SHIT together... I can't remember how many poopy blow-outs that I helped clean up or that they helped me clean up! That's what friends are for, right?? :)
haha--now I can join you guys and know what poopy blow outs are like! Happy Mother's Day to you, MM--you are such a great mom and your Chickie and your little girl are blessed to have you! It is cool to say "little girl" too! Very exciting! It is great you got to enjoy a swanky night out too! You deserve it!
Post a Comment