Wednesday, April 1, 2009

General awesomeness

I am going to complain now. Stop reading if complaining bothers you.

I have a rotten cold. My body is being invaded by snot. I have not been able to take cold medicine since October of 2006 (been pregnant and/or breastfeeding since then), so this isn't all that new to me, but it still blows, especially because you basically don't have an immune system when you're pregnant. Combine that with a toddler who has a constant daycare drip/kennel cough, and it's fun in a box.

I have a shit ton of work to do. We're doing Sexual Assault Awareness Week next week at MIT, and of course, the bulk of the work is falling on me at the last minute. I have my issues with working part time, but most of the time, I can walk away and say, "OK, the work isn't done, but they don't pay me to work more than 60% time, so I'm done" but not this week (or next). Shit just HAS to get done, so I have to keep working. I had one of those stupid guilt-ridden days because I decided to put Chickie in daycare so I could work and sleep and take care of myself (and all the shit I have to do), and while I know it was totally fine, I felt bad for sending him to daycare on a day I usually spend with him. He was all sleepy and snuggly this morning and totally didn't want to go. Oh, well...

Oh, and I REALLY had to pee this afternoon and I sneezed really hard and peed my pants just a little bit. Ah, pregnancy... gotta remember those kegels. Right.

OK, I'm done now. Things will be better by the end of next week... just gotta get there.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh dear! I hope things have improved a bit since you wrote.... Don't feel guilty about daycare - ever! You are not a person who abuses it, so use it for sanity. I am sure that you both had a better day because he was there. And you are taking care of yourself, which is very important, and always good to model for the kids at any age. So, enough on my soapbox - I hope you get it done. After that, take a little extra time to make up for all those extra hours you put in. They are lucky to have you!
Hang in there, Mama
xo

Kat said...

Complain away! It is not easy doing all those things at once AND being sick on top of it. I am useless when I am sick, so I admire you a lot for plugging away at the work. You guys haven't had much luck with the timing of illnesses this winter, huh? I hope next week goes smoothly. I will be thinking of you!!!

Monsoon Mama said...

thanks, mamas! i am finally starting to feel better-- i guess only time and rest can make these bugs go away (but of course, they usually just go away on their own). yes, the timing of our illnesses hasn't been fabulous this winter, but what can you do... these toddlers are total germ vectors! thanks for your love :)

Tara M said...

I second the mamas! You need to take care of yourself (the old airplane oxygen mask analogy). I hope you feel better soon and that work calms down shortly too! Rock on, super mom!