Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back to normal (I hope)

I am SO relieved to be done with all my insane work! Last week was really rough on everyone-- I am definitely too old to come home at 10 p.m. and then get up at the crack of damn with my toddler, only to do the whole day AGAIN. And AGAIN. Oh, and talking about sexual assault for a freaking WEEK is really draining! By the time I got home on Thursday night after doing my last program, Dan was like, "How was it?" and I was like, "Who freaking cares-- it's OVER."

The best part of being done with this week is that I could actually relax and enjoy the weekend. Chickie and I had a really nice day outside on Friday, and I think we both needed some quality mama-baby time. There's a great new playspace that just opened in the Brewery Complex down the street, and we went to check out their open house in the morning. It's going to be a great place to go for drop-in art classes, baby gym, etc. It's fabulous, but man, couldn't they have opened the place in January?? A place like that is always great, but I don't need it as much now that the playground is a much more viable option.

Speaking of the playground-- my little boy is too smart for his own good and somehow figured out that "PG" means playground in parent-speak... Dan and I said in passing this morning that we should hit the PG at some point this morning, and Chickie was like, "Go playground? Go out now!" and proceeded to grab his shoes and shout "GO PLAYGROUND" at all volumes for the next 10 minutes. Oops. How do you say playground in French or something? Le playground?? Time to learn a foreign language.

The best part of being done is that I didn't have to work while Chickie napped this weekend... what a freaking relief! It was so great to not have all that work hanging over my head. So, hopefully, things are somewhat back to normal (let's see how long it lasts...) and we can all be a little more sane for a while.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

OMG, what a cute and cheeky little dude. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Sophia said...

glad your week from hell is done. ReLAX, mama!

Kat said...

That playplace looks really nice! But, you're right, it is totally poor timing to open now. Although, it might be nice for a rainy day. Glad you are feeling more relaxed and getting some more time with your baby Chickie!!

Monsoon Mama said...

i am soooooo glad that that BS week is OVER! it's amazing how much more relaxed i am-- yay!

yeah, the playspace is awesome, and it'll be great to go there when it's cold/rainy and ALSO on insanely hot days this summer... thank heaven for anything air conditioned. it looks like there will be a bunch of really cool and fun programs that chickie will enjoy. laura is going to teach an art class there, and i think i might sign him up for that, especially as my energy starts to diminish as i get bigger...