Monday, October 6, 2008

A Meme

Dearest Kat tagged me in a Meme. Here's the story:

"It’s easy peasy, kids. I just want you to write five positive things about yourself. I don’t care how goofy or weird those things are; I simply want them to be things you think are rad and that you absolutely believe with your whole heart. Like don’t hand me any “I’m a great mom!!” stuff if you actually think you’re only a pretty good mom. See what I mean? After you write your list, tag five other people to compose a list. Maybe we can fight this blogfluitis, five bloggers at a time."

Here's my stuff:

1) I bake really good sweet treats. I love making brownies, and I've also been known to make delicious birthday cakes. There's something amazing about combining ingredients and watching something magical happen in the oven. I once made a multi-layered mocha walnut torte with cinnamon chocolate whipped cream. It was AWESOME, if I do say so myself (but that's the point of this thing, right?)

2) I have a good memory. OK, yeah, I'm that crazy Indian lady who believes that she was an elephant in a previous birth, but really, I do have a damn good memory, especially for random shit like your old phone number from 8th grade. I still remember Dan's phone number from his first apartment in Boston in 1999. I dunno why-- I've just always been able to hold a lot of useless (and some useful) information in my brain.

3) I love my job. I'm an advocate for survivors of relationship violence and sexual assault at a local university. I won't get on my soapbox about it, but I love what I do and I'm glad that I do it.

4) I am musical. Ever since I can remember, music has been woven into the fibers of my body, and I can't live without it. I tried to be a rock star for a couple years when I was first out of college and even recorded a CD, but then I woke up one morning and realized I wanted to go to public health school, and that was the end of that dream/hallucination. I still sing in the car and to Chickie (he loves "Old MacDonald"), and even though those early post-partum days were full of gloom and doom, I have wonderful memories of singing to a sleeping newborn.

5) I love potty humor. I am totally a 5th grade boy at heart and think farts are hilarious. I don't think I can say fart with a straight face, and I'm screwed when Chickie gets to the stage when he starts farting on people to get a rise out of them... I know you're supposed to ignore kids when they do that, but I know I'll laugh. I guess I'll be that mom who has to say, "You can fart loudly at home, but you need to fart quietly in public" or something like that.

Here's the part where I suck-- I actually don't think there are 5 people who read my blog and who also blog AND who haven't been tagged already. So... can I be a slacker in that respect but still get a gold star for doing this? I'm generally a sucker for these things, anyway :)

3 comments:

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

hahahaha... i, too am a 5th grade boy at heart. my almost 5yr old son has been known to come over to me and lovingly say, "mama, i have a surprise for you." and then proceeds to fart on me. AND I CRACK UP EVERY TIME! fart humor abounds in my household. but then again, so does cursing and other inappropriate things. ahem.

great meme, i enjoyed reading it.

:)

Kat said...

I am so jealous of your memory! I have an absolutely horrible long-term memory. Not sure I would need to remember Dan's phone # from 1999, but there are plenty of other things that might be useful...if I could just remember what they were! Ha ha! Sorry I stole your tags. I guess we both have a lot of the same people following our blogs :) PS- your brownies are WAY up there on my list of favorite desserts (or breakfasts)!

Monsoon Mama said...

MOFM: that's hilarious. my little one will surely do the same thing! i know that one day, some other parent is going to complain that my child taught their to fart on other people, but oh, well. and, yes, my husband and i have started to working on cleaning up the language since the baby is really starting to parrot what we say...

kat: if i had a dime for every time i ate brownies for breakfast (there are eggs and flour in there, after all, right??) i'd be a rich lady on the beach in hawaii. seriously. we should open a cookie & brownie bake shop and make a million bucks :)