Monday, October 27, 2008

Little milestones and general improvement

Good Lordy, the boy is EATING. He has eating 3 meals a day (plus snacks) every day since Friday. Don't ask me why or how-- I've given up asking questions. Today, something unprecedented happened-- he pooped at daycare! His 2 teachers were incredulous and were passing his poopy diaper around to show the other teachers because everyone was totally floored.

In other news, Chickie picked his nose and ate it for the first time today. I guess he was so damn thrilled about eating in general that he was feeling particularly inspired after digging for gold.... I saw him standing on the kitchen floor eating something, but there wasn't any food around, and I had *just* picked up breakfast remains off the floor. I saw a little piece of something on his finger, and sure enough, it was a boogy. I laughed my ass off.

Finally, Chickie sang along with a Britney Spears song today in the car on the way home from daycare. I was listening to cheesy Kiss 108 (all the election coverage on NPR is way too stressful now), and "Gimme More" came on, and Chickie starts going, "More, more more!" Oh, babydoll, if you only knew...

Needless to say, I laughed so hard that I nearly drove off the road.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I am SO HAPPY that Chickie is eating, even if that includes boogers :)

Tara M said...

Oh my gosh--that is hilarious that he was singing "more more more!" That cracks me up!! And it is interesting that kids start picking their nose as soon as they're start eating food! What is up with that? Do we see them start eating pieces of hair that fall off? Or other expendable body parts or pieces? What is it about the nose in particular that seems second nature? Proximity to the mouth? Just not knowing what to do with it once it's on the finger? That it seems like a nice big chunk o' something? I don't know, but it's funny!

Congrats on all the milestones! (you know, food, pooping and Britney--the basics)

Monsoon Mama said...

i have no idea why kids pick their noses and eat it-- i think it's because they CAN, honestly. someone should apply for a multi million dollar grant from the CDC and do a study :)