Monday, February 9, 2009

Heading Out...

... to VACATION!

Have I mentioned that I freaking HATE the cold? And that I've lived in New England for my entire life? And each winter, I complain my sorry ass off about how much I detest the cold? Yup. Believe it or not, the last time I took a real vacation was over 3 years ago when we went to India. We did go to California for a few days 2 Novembers ago, but it was for Dan's work, so it wasn't too much of a vacation. I guess either Dan or I have always been in a semi-new job (i.e. no vacation time accrued)... oh, and we did have a baby almost 20 months ago, so that sucked up any vacation time we'd saved up.

We are headed out tomorrow morning to Puerto Rico for a week, and I CAN'T WAIT. Of course, I had to go brag again about how un-sick my toddler has been this winter, and of course, the kids spikes a fever last night. Dumb mommy. He's still sick, but I'm hoping that he won't scream germ-vector tomorrow on a crowded plane... I personally think planes are filthy, mainly because I know they are full of sick people who are inevitably going to breathe on me and give me their damn cooties.

But you know what? I'll go to the beach tomorrow. And it'll be a real beach-- not some bullshit iced-over New England beach-- I'm talking palm trees, baby! Woo-hooooooo!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO excited for you guys!! I hope Chickie feels better, but if he is still sick, you will have family there to help take care of him! Relax, enjoy, drink margaritas, swim, and take LOTS of pictures!! Can't wait to hear all about it...

Tara M said...

I hope you are having a great time! Beautiful warm weather seems to make people healthier anyway! (when we went to Antigua a few weeks ago, I didn't hear ANYONE coughing or blowing their nose etc. on the plane, so I think these tropical places really do minimize the germ factor). I cannot wait to see your pictures and am soooo happy you will have a chance to unwind, get away from the cold, and have fun!