Saturday, July 12, 2008

One more thought...

... I just realized one big difference-- I just went outside (it's 10 p.m. now) to put the club on my car since I'd forgotten to do it earlier, and I realized that I don't go outside at night anymore-- I always just stay in the house after Anand goes to bed. It's gorgeous outside right now-- cool and perfect and everything you'd want from a summer night. It's funny how random sensory experiences will connect you with your past-- I remember when Kaja used live around the corner, and we'd call each other at 9:30 on random nights and go to each other's houses and drink vodka tonics (mmmmm... summer isn't summer without vodka tonics and lots of lime) and walk to JP Licks.

But now everyone I know in JP has a baby and is probably half asleep in front of the TV at 9:30. Perhaps it's time to plan a mamas' night out, huh? As long as it includes vodka tonics...

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!! You are just like all of those smart, witty, ridiculously sarcastic blog mamas I love so much that I hate them :) I knew blogging was perfect for you. I hope you are enjoying it too! I know it's a great way for me to release all the tension i get from waffles all over the floor, pee-pee underwear, and flooded bathrooms. Can't wait to read more!