Well, hello there. Here I am. Blogging.
I used to think that blogs were mostly for people who think they're really important and think that other people really want to know what they ate for breakfast and what inner political musings happen to be bubbling up in their heads. That said, for the most part, I still kind of think that, but I have also been inspired recently (I had to re-type that 4 times to put the adverb in the right place-- this is clearly the difference between blogging and writing in a diary-- but I digress--) by fellow bloggers (thanks, Kat and Rashmi) to take up the pen, er, keyboard.
How did I get here?
I am trying to laugh and process my way through the roller-coaster ride of motherhood, as trite and overdone as that sounds. Every since Chickie was born nearly 13 months ago, I have been trying to re-find myself and re-define myself and re-frame my identity as not just a mom (that part's easy) but also as a woman and a person. As I begin to entertain (and really just entertain, I swear) thoughts of getting pregnant again, I realize that I have to get my own house in order and find that ever-elusive emotional equilibrium (ooh, 4 e-words in a row; do I get a prize?) before letting the hormonal army of God hijack my body again.
It's amazing how much changes in a year. Chickie is getting close to walking, and he's so bubbly and bright-eyed and full of life. He's starting to become more and more of a little boy and less of a baby, it seems. And everything is different-- I see different people, email with different people, talk about different things, and worry about different things. I feel like everything in my life will be defined as either pre-baby or post-baby, for better or for worse.
Well, perhaps this is enough of my babble for now! Ah, my verbal diarrhea has a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment