...OK, OK, so I actually didn't stop pumping when I said I was going to a couple weeks ago. I ended up digging out my old pump and schlepping it to work for another week and pumping as usual. I don't know why-- just did it. I woke up yesterday and said, "This is stupid-- I'm done" and left the pump at home. Good timing, too, since I have been up to my freaking eyeballs in work. Thankfully, my boobs didn't explode or fly off my body, but man, by about 4, they were starting to talk to me (it had been 9 hours since Chickie last nursed), and by the time I finally nursed Chickie at 7:30, they were NOT happy. I know you all really want to know about how my boobs feel, so I thought I'd let you know :)
This last week has been so insane-- it's been one of those times where I have felt like it's impossible to do everything and to do anything properly. I work 3 days a week, and for the most part, I somehow manage to get things done, even though I drop my shit and run out the door in mid-sentence at 4:30 to pick Chickie up from daycare, but last week, I just really needed more time, and there just weren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. I'd run to daycare and run home, only to try to keep working... with a fussy, tired toddler pulling on my pants. So, as you can guess, not much work got done, and my child didn't get the attention he wanted. Most of the time, working part time is awesome-- I get a great balance of being home with my child while also maintaining my career and staying connected to my job, but sometimes, you get stretched too thin and nothing gets the attention it deserves.
But least I'm not pumping anymore. And you know what that means, right?? No more washing pump parts! Halle-freaking-lujah.
2 comments:
It seems like ages ago that you first said you couldn't wait until the day you didn't have to wash pump parts anymore...you made it! That is great news! I am sorry to hear that your boobs did not agree, though. Hope they get used to it soon :) And, hope things at work are finally slowing down? I've said it before, but I can't say it enough: I don't know how you do it! I have so much admiration for you working and being a mommy. You are amazing!
PS- did you try the cold cabbage leaves on the boobies? Maybe that will keep them quiet (or at least quieter)?
thanks, kat! i definitely need the encouragement, because it's been a rough couple weeks. it sucks to feel like i can't do either of my jobs (work job and mommy job) right. i had forgotten about the cabbage leaves... i'm hoping that the boobs will get with the program soon (i think they will) and that next week will be less uncomfortable. anything to NOT wash pump parts!!
Post a Comment