Too much to write about right now. Lots of shit I'm thinking about, and I'll share when I have it figured out.
Until then, here are some cute pics of the babies...
Oh, crap. I realized that something is wonky with my iPhoto right now-- I think I need to export the photo files before I can upload them here. Nevermind.
Well, I can share a view things quickly (yes, this is the lamest blog post ever)...
So, interesting tidbits:
1) SJL is practically off the growth charts in weight. The girl weighed 13 lbs 12 oz at her 2-week check-up this past week.
2) She then proceeded to projectile vomit not once, not twice, but THREE times while the doctor was trying to give her the rotavirus vaccine (it's a liquid).
3) Chickie is trying to kill her nearly every waking minute.
4) When he's not trying to kill her, he can actually he really sweet to her. He loves to lean over her when she's in her bouncy seat and sing twinkle twinkle little star-- suuuuper cute. And then he tries to kill her again.
5) New daycare is going OK. Just OK. Gotta give it more time. The kid is like his mom-- transitions are not his strong suit.
6) There's a guest sandwich at Ula Cafe with pumpkin butter, cheddar, toasted walnuts, green apples and BACON. Nuff said.
7) I just inadvertently ate an entire pint of coconut milk ice cream.
8) I am looking forward to the day where I can enjoy both my children at once and the presence of one doesn't interfere with my ability to care for the other.
9) Sometimes I feel like Super Mommy, and sometimes I feel like utter crap.
10) I had big plans to go to bed an hour ago.
Pics soon. Oh, they're all on FB, anyway! You guys have probably seen them all already, right?? :)
5 comments:
I'm assuming you meant 13 lbs at her 2-MONTH checkup... because 13 lbs at her 2-week checkup is just right out. That would definately make you super mommy, with some sort of super-human birth canal.
Seen the pics...would love to see the real babies soon. and your new mantra is "I AM SUPER mom" or "I AM a SUPER mom"...because you are.
ha ha, yes, i meant 2 month check up! DUH. and for what it's worth, my mommy-ness and birth canal are pretty damn super but not quite that super, you know?? :)
So hungry for that sandwich at Ula cafe now! Oh, and I have "inadvertently" gorged myself on ice cream as well. It seems to happen so easily! Don't worry, the kids will learn to love each other,play together and enjoy each other's company. But, I'm not sure they will ever stop trying to kill each other. Two years down the road from you, I am still breaking up fights and being pulled in two directions for attention. But, that being said, it does get easier because they can entertain themselves and laugh together. It will be SOOOOO worth it! Love ya! You are a SUPER, SUPER MOM!
I'm no mama yet, but having nannied for the past three years for a brother-sister pair 15 mos apart, I can vouch for the amazing process through which they transitioned from full-time sib-enemies to giggling partners-in-crime (and part time sib-enemies). Pretty awesome. (Oh, this is Anna Mudd, BTW. No idea what that Tapir thing is, or when or why I made that ID. Tapirs are cute, though.)
Post a Comment