I am going to toot my own horn now.
Remember all that Sexual Assault Awareness Week madness from a couple months ago? Insane. Lots of work, lots of time away from my sweet Chickie-- basically non-stop SAAW insanity all week. Well, it seems like the dear university took notice, and the members of the SAAW Planning Committee were nominated for and received a pretty prestigious award that's given out annually by the Department of Student Life! It's wonderful to have the school recognize our efforts.
The cool bonus is that all winners receive some cash, and that's ALWAYS nice :) Of course, I have to be catty for a minute and say that everyone on the Planning Committee is recieving the award and the cash... regardless of whether they actually came to a meeting or attended an event or actually DID anything for SAAW. So, that's a bit lame, but the most important thing is that this school is FINALLY pulling its head out from up its ass and taking notice of this kind of work.
Halle-freaking-lujah.
5 comments:
Bravo, Monsoon Mama! As someone who used to this same work in a Higher Ed setting, I *totally* get what a big deal it is to be recognized for it. Good on you!
WOW! Congrats! I am so happy that you were recognized and that the university is showing that it values what you do. Thank you for tooting your horn and letting us know about it :) I am thrilled for you! Any plans on what you will do with your bonus? Something fun just for you, I hope!
Contratulations! I work in higher ed and I know how hard it is to get them to recognize something non academic or scientific, but with social and human impact. Almost impossible, unless there isi a crisis. Kudos to you and your committee. Don't you love committees, where everything is always spread around? At least there sometimes benefits to many minds and many hands.
Bravo Div! I hope you get yourself something nice for all that hard work!
thanks, ladies! i am really thrilled that the school is recognizing the work that we did. we're all getting a good chunk of cash, so hopefully, a nice dinner out or a massage is in my future :) it's really nice when a lot of hard work really does pay off, huh?
Congrats, Div!! YOU totally deserve it!!
Post a Comment