Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am an 8 year old boy

You guys know I'm a 3rd grader, right? I am obsessed with bodily functions (product of being a doctor's child and a sex ed teacher) and forget that people are scandalized by things like cervical mucous. All of that said, I can't talk about farts without laughing. I just can't.

I was on the treadmill tonight, and when I came out of the tv room to help get Chickie ready for bed, the following conversation ensued:

Dan: "You'll never believe what he just said..."
Me: "OK, what?"
Dan: "Well, we were playing with legos in the living room, and I farted really loudly (I start laughing here because he mentioned farts) and Chickie looked at me and said 'you farted!'"
Me: (losing verbal ability because I'm already doubled over laughing and having trouble breathing) "What did you say to him?"
Dan: "He kept saying it, and saying it as if he wanted me to let him know that he had correctly identified something, so I finally said, 'Yes, Daddy farted.'"
Me: "omg, where did he learn that word?"
Dan: "Are you really serious? You know you talk about farts CONSTANTLY..."

I think someone other than me is going to have to explain that some people don't want to talk about farts or hear about farts, but it can't be me, because I can't say any of that with a straight face (believe me, I tried just now). I guess I'll have to say, "You know, Mommy thinks farts are funny, but most people don't think farts are funny" and leave it at that.

4 comments:

Kat said...

That is hilarious...enough said!

Sophia said...

Well, Uncle Joe and Aunt Sophia are also not going to be able to have that conversation with Chickie, because as you may already know, we also find farts hilarious. We've often wondered if our child's first word will be "safety."

Tara M said...

That is so funny! I love it!

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

omg, i find farts hilarious, too! even in the dead silence of night if i'm rolling around in bed angrily trying to fall asleep and my husband farts or i fart... i start laughing. ANDICAN'TSTOP. it's insane!

also? i think the last sentence -"You know, Mommy thinks farts are funny, but most people don't think farts are funny" - is something i need to say to my 5yr old...